Put A Tough, Experienced DUI Defense Attorney On Your Side
If you or a loved one has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI/DWI), you need a lawyer who focuses on providing aggressive drunk driving defense, not someone to simply hold your hand and walk you through the process. Nevada City DUI defense lawyer Terence D. Broughton provides a zealous defense for misdemeanor and felony DUI charges in all state courts and before the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Driving under the influence cases are complex and involve criminal charges in the courts and a civil administrative action before the DMV, two separate and independent actions. Terence D. Broughton will protect your interests in both proceedings.
Understanding DUI Charges In California
The California blood alcohol content limit is .08%. Depending on many factors, you could be facing a misdemeanor or felony charge. Mr. Broughton aggressively defends individuals charged with misdemeanor and felony driving under the influence charges, as well as:
- DUI with multiple prior convictions
- DUI causing injury
- DUI involving prescription and illegal drugs
- Vehicular manslaughter charges
- Commercial driver/truck driver DUI
Mr. Broughton thoroughly and aggressively defends his clients. With his keen insight and understanding, based upon his well-rounded experience and knowledge of the law, he asks the complicated questions and comprehensively evaluates and investigates the factual and legal issues of every case, exploring every avenue of defense, including, but not limited to:
- Legal issues regarding the police contact, detention, arrest and procedures followed
- Officers’ ability to accurately detect objective symptoms of intoxication
- Performance on recognized Field Sobriety Tests (FSTs)
- Officers’ ability to measure impairment
- Retesting of your blood by an independent laboratory
- Maintenance, calibration and accuracy of breath testing instruments
- Officers’ certification for particular breath testing instrument
- Officers’ compliance with California law with regard to administration of chemical tests
- Issues related to false high blood alcohol results (mouth alcohol/rising blood alcohol)
- MVARS and other audio and video recordings and logs
Facing Charges In The Nevada County Area?
Contact the firm online today to discuss your criminal case with a qualified defense attorney in Nevada City. The firm offers affordable representation and personalized service. For the northern Sierra/Sierra Foothills area, call 530-265-1919.